GRIP, the spiritual successor to late 90s racer ‘Rollcage’, has been gaining traction in the last year, with a bevvy of updates and a growing community.
Laying somewhere between Wipeout and Trackmania, if you love alarmingly high-speed futuristic racing on bonkers tracks, with guns, it’s well worth checking out. And there’s currently no better time as publisher Wired Productions have unveiled a bumper summer update along with a few new ways to get involved.
Kicking off on Xbox players can race for free between 4th - 7th July, gold membership is required and if you like what you play there’s 50% off your purchase so you can keep on racing. The game is also included with Game Pass if that’s your thing. The action then moves over to PS4, Switch and PC for “weekly developer races”.
The full rundown for the ‘Summer of Combat’ is as follows;
- Xbox Gold Free Play Days (4th - 7th July)
- Two new free Space tracks
- Free Orbital Prime ‘Skate Style Park’ arena map
- New Artifex vehicle manufacturer containing 3 new Airblade and Roller vehicles (DLC)
- Garage cosmetic packs to further customise your vehicles (DLC)
- Retro car pack (DLC)
- …and a new car yet to be revealed, inspired by an 80’s classic
Have you been ‘gripped’ by this indie racer? Tempted to take it for a spin?